Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Zip? What's a Zip?

Back in October, 2014, during our first weekend together in real life (IRL) since reconnecting, D turned to me over morning coffee and instructed me to pack for an overnight trip.

Today.

Now.

"An overnight trip? Really? Cool!" I exclaimed. "Where are we go-"

He cut me off. "ZIP!"

"But I need to know what to pac-"

"ZIP!"

"Do I need a coat?"

"ZIP!"

"Which shoes will I need?"

"ZIP!"

"...okayyy, umm..."

"ZIP!"

"I didn't say anything!"

"You were trying to think of something. Just pack. You'll be fine."

And so, D loaded our stuff into the car and drove us away to our secret destination:
Our first ever Zip Trip.

When he came back for New Year's, I advised him to bring specific things for a weekend trip I was planning. 

"Ooh, a trip," he smiled. "Where are we go-"

"ZIP!" 

And I loaded our stuff into the car and drove us away to our next secret destination.
Our second Zip Trip.

In our previous relationships, we had never had secret getaways planned for us. (Oh, did that suggest that our significant other planned anything, ever? Whoops, sorry for having mislead you.) The trips are a treat by themselves, but the Zip factor makes them extra fun - having the other person plan in secret, and surprise us with a weekend of neat things to do. Who doesn't love being surprised with good stuff?

I love Zip Trips.


by P


No comments:

Post a Comment